Home again, home again...
The trailer is still in Junction, TX and my friend, Kenda will have it taken back to her place for me where it can safely stay until I decide what to do with it. I think I have three choices: 1.) Sell it in Junction and get another one here. B. Drive back to TX and pull it home. And iii: Have it shipped.
The trip from Junction was almost non-stop; we drove about 1,700 miles straight through. We did stop for a really nice dinner at The Woodshed in Ft. Worth with Marina’s friends Shannon & Freddie and their little boy, Theo. After that it was “straight on ‘til morning.” Nobody wanted to drive 66 and the Beltway as the last leg of a beautiful trip so we turned east from 81 near Staunton, VA and took the back roads to get home. We pulled into my driveway at 6:30 pm, Saturday, September 29. We were on the road for 26 days, drove 8,754.8 miles, visited 20 states, 12 (I think) National Parks, Monuments, and Recreation Areas, and scenic routes, rest stops, boondocking sites, Walmarts, Mexican restaurants, truck stops, mechanic shops, parks, RV parks, and public restrooms too numerous to count.
All in all, it was the best trip of my life and I am so grateful I have adult children who were willing and able to go on this adventure with me.







Comments
Post a Comment